District 13 has P.R.I.D.E.
Welcome District 13 to the Year of P.R.I.D.E.: Personal Responsibility In Delivering Excellence!
The key letter in the acronym P.R.I.D.E. is E for excellence, and it is one of the core values of Toastmasters. I believe that each member in District 13 has P.R.I.D.E.
Yes, we have a District trio, Executive Committee, and District Council, but everyone in the district needs to step up to the plate and be committed to P.R.I.D.E. by taking action to develop their personal skills, help their clubs find new members, and make their clubs’ meetings the best. Members must provide help in building new clubs, dedicate themselves to attending district events and club meetings, get the word out in their communities about Toastmasters, as they continue to pursue excellence.
District 13 shows its P.R.I.D.E. by supporting the Bs:
- Building a positive environment
- Bringing new learning experiences, ideas, and fun
- Being coaches and mentors
- Bringing membership retention to a higher level
- Bringing opportunities for personal and professional growth to the member
- Bringing high energy to club meetings Bringing more social media presence
- Building an environment of virtual collaboration
District 13 encompasses P.R.I.D.E. as Toastmaster members by simply valuing each other with support, patience, respect, participation, and always pursuing excellence.
Your Servant Toastmaster Leader! Dr. Hollis R. Batista, DTM
District Director, 2016-2017
District 13 has P.R.I.D.E.: Personal Responsibility In Delivering Excellence