The Toastmasters Pathways learning experience is the result of the 2010 strategic plan’s objective to revitalize our current education program by renewing our focus on leadership and modernizing our communication programs. This diligent effort to create a program members desired incorporated our request for a program that provided us with real-world skills, online access to Toastmasters educational projects, better use of technology, and a flexible learning experience to meet our goals. Welcome, District 13 Toastmasters to the Toastmasters Pathways learning experience!
Do you have a Pathways question? Click here to email the Pathways Guide Coordinators.
- Public speaking
- Interpersonal communication
- Leading and managing
- Leading strategically
- Building confidence
Pathways’ many benefits to members include:
- A learning experience tailored to your personal and professional goals
- The opportunity to develop many skills relevant to an evolving global marketplace
- Recognition of educational achievements that will come earlier and more frequently
- New technological resources to improve speeches and support meeting roles
- Mobile access to educational materials (laptops, tablets and smartphones)
- Expanded video and digital content to facilitate learning among our global community of members.
Pathways Ten Learning Paths
Pathways has 280 unique competencies above and beyond the 68 competencies in the current education program.
- Dynamic Leadership: Build strategic leadership and conflict resolution skills
- Effective Coaching: Build interpersonal communication, leadership and coaching skills
- Innovative Planning: Build creative project management and communication skills
- Leadership Development: Build communication and leadership skills
- Motivation Strategies: Build motivational leadership and communication skills
- Persuasive Influence: Build skills to lead in complex situations
- Presentation Mastery: Build public speaking skills
- Strategic Relationships: Build networking, leadership and communication skills
- Team Collaboration: Build collaborative leadership skills
- Visionary Communication: Build innovative communication and leadership skills
Individual learning paths will have five levels, each increasing in complexity. Distinguished Toastmaster (DTM) will still remain the highest educational achievement in Toastmasters.
The levels are:
- Level 1: Mastering Fundamentals
- Level 2: Learning Your Style
- Level 3: Increasing Knowledge
- Level 4: Building Skills
- Level 5: Demonstrating Expertise
For any questions, please contact District 13 Chief Ambassador, Stephanie Scott, DTM, PDG at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also find more details at toastmasters.org/Pathways.