Frequently Asked Questions about Public Relations
Who can I contact with PR questions?
- VP PR Problems: Email to d13PRM@d13tm.com
- Toastmasters Central: 1 (949) 858-8255, https://www.toastmasters.org/About/Contact-Us
How can the District Public Relations Manage support me?
- We exist to support you. Feel free to reach out with any problems relating to promoting your club.
- We are interested in supporting the promotion of your club, its events, and your members.
How can you support the district?
- Volunteer to support the District PR taskforce.
- Support District 13’s VP PRs
- Outreach to magazines, newspapers, and radio
- Graphic Design work
- Editing Video
Is there a checklist of VP PR tasks I can complete?
1. Guest Packets (Easy)
- Visit http://www.d13tm.com/document-library/ for documents to include in your guest packets. Your club can purchase a pack of 25 presentation folders from Toastmasters International for $20.00. Or your club may purchase pre-made Guest Packets ($2.50/packet)
- Include: Membership Application, Ice Breaker project, Brochures, and any relevant club information
2. Leverage Guest’s emails (Easy)
- Follow up with a thank you for joining meeting
3. Fliers (Easy)
- Toastmasters’ Marketing Templates
- Leverage fellow club members to hang fliers at local cafés, gyms, etc.
4. Newsletters (Medium)
- Submit your event’s information to local newsletters
- Create your own newsletter to email blast to current and guest members
5. Events (Hard)
- Bring a friend day
- Host an Open House
- Bring and advertise a guest speaker
- Host a community-based program
- Host a Speechcraft
- Host a Youth Leadership Program
- Participate in local community days
1. Step 1 (Easy): Confirm your club’s information is accurate on Toastmasters.org.
2. Step 2 (Easy): Update online local listings with data aggregators, to appear in Google local search.
3. Step 3 (Medium): Consider launching social profiles for Facebook, LinkedIn, or Meetup.com (note: Meetup.com Groups cost ~$10/Month).
4. Step 4 (Medium): Consider having members review club Yelp listing (note: make sure members do this from different devices and not in the same location, otherwise Yelp will flag for review).
How can I stay up to date with District news?