Program Quality Director 2017-2018
Hello District 13 Toastmasters!
As your Program Quality Director, I am honored to serve our members by bringing more awareness of the Toastmasters International educational programs. Our year together will focus on District Director’s, Francine Milligan, DTM, theme of Members Matter Most!
During these first few weeks of July, please examine your goals for your membership and what you seek to accomplish from your speeches, service to your club, and leadership roles. I challenge you to face your fears and step outside of your comfort zone.
Start working on your club’s Club Success Plan with your Club Executive Committee team right away to get your club off to a great start. You can always reach out to your Area Director, Division Director, or the Trio if you have questions, need resources, or are looking for guidance.
Our first major opportunity together will take place at the 2017 Fall Conference on October 27 – October 29, 2017 at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh-Cranberry at 910 Sheraton Drive, Mars, PA 16046.
A Few Great Reasons to Attend the 2017 Fall Conference:
- District 13 Toastmasters is celebrating its 75th Diamond Anniversary!!
- This is the last fall conference; starting in 2018-2019, there will only be a spring conference. There is no reason to worry; the district is looking into producing a fall event on a smaller scale.
- 2017-18 District Council Business Meeting
- 2017 Humorous Speech and Table Topics Contests
- Six workshops to choose from (three in the morning and three in the afternoon)
- District Awards Recognition Luncheon for Clubs and Members
- Friday Fun Night: First Timer Reception and a Private Reception for New DTMs
I need YOUR help to make sure the 2017 Fall Conference is successful and need leaders and volunteers like yourself to help. Download and complete the Fall Conference Leaders and Volunteers Needed form and email it to me at d13PQD@d13tm.com.
Please explore the links below and embrace leadership through the engagement opportunities available through our wide range of programs and events.
- The Toastmasters Educational Program offers something for everyone. Start your personal journey today!
- The Distinguished Club Program and Club Success Plan is one way to track club management and members’ progress.
- Distinguished Club Program Reports available on the Distinguished Performance Reports Dashboard give current status of a club.
- For speech contest rules and training, refer to the Speech Contests page. We also suggest all contest volunteers and judges watch TI’s Speech Contests online training module.
- You can’t learn without other club members! Refer to our Increasing Club Membership page for suggestions about growing and retaining club membership.
Moments of Truth
Constructive feedback is the greatest gift we can give in Toastmasters. Just as you take time to evaluate speakers and functionaries at a regular meeting, take time to evaluate the overall health of your club. Does your club provide a welcoming, supportive environment for members to achieve their goals? Are members getting what they need and want from the club?
The Moments of Truth module from The Successful Club Series is an excellent place to start. This special presentation outlines six key criteria for sustaining a strong and healthy club. How does your club measure up? What can you do to improve?
Thank you to all who have worked with your clubs to enrich and, in some cases, revive them. Remember why you joined. Why do you stay? Share your experiences and knowledge with new members. To all our many new members, seek out others to help you reach your goals. Lifelong learning never ends. We are all in this together. My team is here to listen and find ways to help you make a difference in your life and perhaps in the lives of others.
Look for me at upcoming events where you can feel free to share with me in person, your goals, your accomplishments, and how our District can continue to better serve you.
Jennifer Sell, DTM
Program Quality Director 2017-2018