Hello District 13!
As your District Public Relations Manager, I am greatly honored to serve the district as a whole, the clubs in the district, and most importantly the members. Regardless of anybody’s role in Toastmasters: a club officer, a club member, a district officer, or even a guest interested in Toastmasters, Members Matter Most, and members are what makes Toastmasters International so very great in helping others achieve their communication and leadership goals and improve their self-confidence.
My role as the Public Relations Manager encompasses working with the district leadership to accomplish the following:
- Maintain and enhance communication between the district and its members
- Work to increase public awareness of Toastmasters International through media
- Prepare a public relations program designed to achieve goals for membership growth, club growth, and educational achievements in clubs, not to mention the Distinguished Club Program
- Promote district conferences, events, and also leadership training opportunities (TLI sessions)
My vision to accomplish the above-mentioned includes the following:
- To create and implement various tools and resources that sustain and enhance open channels that VPPRs (Vice President of Public Relations Club Officers) have with District 13 to aid in the growth of their individual district clubs
- Augment member and educational achievement recognition within the district
- Provide resources, support, and encouragement to help members in their Toastmasters journeys
- Retention of core components of the previous year’s PRM Strategy with scalable enhancements to remain a district with a distinguished online presence that fosters a great sense of community
- Implement and provide timely promotional media to members of the district pertaining to district conferences, speech contests, TLI sessions, and any other relevant district events
My call to action to you is to attend one of your club’s executive committee meetings and see what your club’s PR goals are for the 2017-2018 year. If you are not a VPPR club officer, see if you can help your club’s VPPR and even your club’s VPM (Vice President of Membership) with projects such as open houses, speech contests, or just simple online and community media to help your club reach new heights and grow.
Our District 13 2017 Fall Conference is on October 27-October 29 at the Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh-Cranberry at 910 Sheraton Drive, Mars, PA 16046.
If you have any questions, need resources, need assistance, or are looking for guidance feel free to reach out to me at d13PRM@d13tm.com or the Trio. Feel free to share with me how our District can better serve you or your club.
Max Lieberth, CC, Public Relations Manager, 2017-2018